Running back Leonard Fournette is closer to a return after missing the past four games with a hamstring injury.
Fournette practiced fully the entire week and the Jacksonville Jaguars did not assign a game designation on the final injury report, a good indication he will play Sunday against the Indianapolis Colts.
Head coach Doug Marrone, however, stopped short of declaring that Fournette is ready to go.
“We’ll see on Sunday, but he has done everything that we have asked him to do,” Marrone said, via the Jaguars’ official website. “No setbacks. No nothing. Right now, he’s completely healthy — today, at this time …”
Despite Marrone being coy on Fournette’s game status, it would be a surprise to not see the second-year rusher return to action barring a setback between now and kickoff.
A week of practice with a full participation designation indicates Fournette absorbed his regular workload in three straight days. Fournette’s looming return is needed, too, as the Jaguars have lost four straight games in his absence and sit on a 3-5 record.
Meanwhile, the Jaguars ruled cornerback A.J. Bouye (calf) and rookie cornerback Quenton Meeks (knee) out for Sunday’s game.
Linebacker Telvin Smith (shoulder), tight end James O’Shaughnessy (hip), tight end David Grinnage (knee) and defensive end/linebacker Lerentee McCray (hamstring) are questionable.
Here are other injuries we are monitoring Friday:
1. New York Jets rookie quarterback Sam Darnold (foot) has been ruled doubtful for Sunday’s home game against the Buffalo Bills, as was wide receiver Robby Anderson (ankle) and center Spencer Long (knee, finger).
2. The Buffalo Bills will be without tight end Charles Clay (hamstring) and defensive end Trent Murphy (knee) against the Jets after both starters missed practice all week. Veteran quarterback Derek Anderson (concussion) is also out, while rookie quarterback Josh Allen (right elbow), running back Chris Ivory (shoulder), and linebacker Tremaine Edwards (concussion) are questionable.
3. Indianapolis Colts second-round draft pick Tyquan Lewis (toe) was activated from injured reserve this week, and will see playing time against the Jacksonville Jaguars, according to coach Frank Reich.
5. Miami Dolphins linebacker Kiko Alonso (ankle), tight end A.J. Derby (foot) and offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil (knee/ankle) are all questionable to play Sunday against the Green Bay Packers. Quarterback Ryan Tannehill (shoulder) was declared out earlier in the week.
6. Chicago Bears star defensive end Khalil Mack (ankle) and No. 1 wideout Allen Robinson (groin) have turned in full practices through Friday, and are expected to start Sunday in a home divisional game vs. the Detroit Lions.
7. Philadelphia Eagles offensive tackle Lane Johnson (knee) and defensive end Josh Sweat (hip) are questionable to play against the Dallas Cowboys. Cornerbacks Sidney Jones (hamstring) and Jalen Mills (foot) have been ruled out.
9. Detroit Lions cornerback Darius Slay (knee) and guard T.J. Lang (neck) have been ruled out of Sunday’s game against the Bears after not practicing all week. Defensive end Ezekiel Ansah (shoulder), running back Kerryon Johnson (ankle) and tight end Luke Willson (shoulder) are all questionable. Running back LeGarrette Blount (knee) is off the injury report after practicing fully Friday.
10. As expected, Los Angeles Chargers defensive end Joey Bosa (foot) will not play against the Oakland Raiders. Cornerback Trevor Williams (knee), linebacker Kyle Emanuel (hip), defensive end Darius Philon (ankle), defensive end Chris Landrum (hip) are all questionable.
11. Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Sammy Watkins (foot) was limited in practice after sitting out Wednesday and Thursday. He is questionable to play against the Arizona Cardinals. Linebacker Justin Houston (hamstring) and safety Daniel Sorensen (knee) are both questionable to play, too.
12. The New England Patriots gave questionable tags to tight end Rob Gronkowski (ankle/back), running back Sony Michel (knee), left tackle Trent Brown (illness), right guard Shaq Mason (calf) and linebacker Dont’a Hightower (knee).
13. The Seattle Seahawks designated questionable tags to running back Chris Carson (hip), guard D.J. Fluker (calf), linebacker K.J. Wright (knee), safety Bradley McDougald (knee), and defensive tackle Shamar Stephen (foot).
14. Tennessee Titans starting tackle Jack Conklin (concussion) has been ruled out for Sunday’s home game against the New England Patriots. Linebacker Derrick Morgan (shoulder) was listed as questionable, along with receivers Tajae Sharpe (ankle) and Taywan Taylor (foot).
15. Coming off a bye week, the Arizona Cardinals ruled out defensive tackle Robert Nkemdiche (calf) and wide receiver Chad Williams for their road game against the Kansas City Chiefs in Week 10. Listed as questionable were guard Mike Iupati (back) guard Justin Pugh (hand), tight end Jermaine Gresham (back), safety Budda Baker (foot), safety Tre Boston (chest), and defensive tackle Corey Peters (ankle).
16. Just days after signing with the New Orleans Saints, wide receiver Dez Bryant (achilles) was helped off the practice field on Friday after apparently tearing his Achilles, according to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero. The 30-year old veteran is currently going under an MRI for a diagnosis. Defensive end Marcus Davenport (toe) was officially ruled out for Sunday’s road game against the Cincinnati Bengals.
18. Green Bay Packers cornerback Kevin King (hamstring) has been ruled out for Sunday’s home game against the Miami Dolphins. Wide receiver Randall Cobb (hamstring), tackle Bryan Bulaga (knee), and linebacker Blake Martinez (ankle) were ruled as questionable.
19. Coming off a bye week, the Cincinnati Bengals have officially ruled out wide receiver A.J. Green (toe), linebacker Vontaze Burfict (hip), linebacker Nick Vigil (knee), cornerback Darqueze Dennard (sternoclavicular), and tight end Tyler Kroft (foot) for their home game against the New Orleans Saints. Running back Giovanni Bernard (knee) was listed as questionable.
20. The Washington Redskins offense will be without running back Chris Thompson (rib) and tackle Trent Williams (thumb) this Sunday in Tampa Bay, while wide receiver Jamison Crowder (ankle) and tackle Morgan Moses (knee) were listed as questionable.
21. Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back Ronald Jones (hamstring), guard Evan Smith (hip, wrist) and defensive end Vinny Curry (ankle) were all ruled out for Sunday against Washington.
22. The Dallas Cowboys have officially ruled out linebacker Sean Lee (hamstring), defensive end Taco Charlton (shoulder), defensive end David Irving (ankle), wide receiver Tavon Austin (groin) and rookie guard Connor Williams (knee) for their Sunday night road game against the Philadelphia Eagles. Defensive end Randy Gregory (knee) and tight end Geoff Swaim (knee) are questionable.